What does my blood sugar test result indicate? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help?
Hi, I've just done a diabetes test and wanted some advice on if the values represent diabetes or normal result
it'll be really nice if you can help me with if this is normal or does this show diabetes.
Postprandial is normal
Fasting is a little over the edge
Though I am not worried about it
It is just a single reading
It is quite possible that you did not fast for enough time or have been having high sugar food
what is the usual duration you should fast before the test?
It should be atleast 8 hours
oh ok. would you recommend another reading or is this fine?
You can repeat the reading in 2 weeks
If it is positive then I would recommend oral glucose tolerance test
I'll get that done as well.
You may take a low sugar diet in the meanwhile
sure. will do. thanks so much for your help with this.
Thanks for consulting
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Diabetes type 2 discharge plans
- Type 2 diabetes cannot eat subs
- White power comes out when i pee
- Underneath tongue skin coming off
- Blood sugar test done result positive
- What are the findings from the blood sugar test
- Type 2 diabetes headaches low grade feve
- Fasting blood sugar tests indications
- Sore eye orbits and type 2 diabetes
- Ppd blood sugar test
- Shit wont come out
- What does my blood sugar test suggest
- Type 2 diabetes and hangover feeling
- C section stitches coming out
- Coming off the pill short periods