What does my blood sugar test result indicate? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help?
Hi, I've just done a diabetes test and wanted some advice on if the values represent diabetes or normal result
it'll be really nice if you can help me with if this is normal or does this show diabetes.
Postprandial is normal
Fasting is a little over the edge
Though I am not worried about it
It is just a single reading
It is quite possible that you did not fast for enough time or have been having high sugar food
what is the usual duration you should fast before the test?
It should be atleast 8 hours
oh ok. would you recommend another reading or is this fine?
You can repeat the reading in 2 weeks
If it is positive then I would recommend oral glucose tolerance test
I'll get that done as well.
You may take a low sugar diet in the meanwhile
sure. will do. thanks so much for your help with this.
Thanks for consulting
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Coughing up flem after surgery
- Coughing up jelly from lungs
- Blood sugar test done result positive
- What are the findings from the blood sugar test
- Fasting blood sugar tests indications
- Ppd blood sugar test
- What does my blood sugar test suggest
- Blood level of 145 after eating
- Blood sugar 145 after 2 hours eating
- Ulnar nerve exercise cubital tunnel
- What does glucose of 143 mean
- Is 142 sugar level is dangerous
- Sgpt wiki
- Blood pressure 14491 for a diabetic
- Colestrol level 217