What causes yellowish sputum with blood when suffering from cold and cough? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you today?
I do see a yellowish sputum with a little bit of blood mixed
What symptoms do you have?
What other symptoms do you have?
only cold and cough
my eyes are becoming little bit of redish too
It seems like allergy
Is there sneezing?
ohh I see, not much
Blood tinge sputum is seen in allergies
Do you smoke?
I don't smoke
To be on the safer side we can get the sputum tested for bacteria - culture and sensitivity
the climate is very cool now here
What medicines have you tried?
I haven't tried anything till now
If it works by morning, then the cold will get better with this only
Otherwise get the sputum tested
ok, will this work for cough too?
Since cough happens to clear sputum
and cetirizine helps in reducing sputum
I see, is one tab enough?
If you do not have to drive etc then you can take another tablet in the morning
ok, which one?
Yes one tablet tonight and one tomorrow night
ok, same tab. Got it
Also protect from cold air and dust
ok, thank you
You can also try ayurvedic preparations like sualin etc
I see, what is sualin exactly?
It is available as tablets at most pharmacies
ok, which one do you suggest now? cetirizine 5 mg or sualin?
can I take both at the same time?
I myself usualy take many tablets of sualin in a day when I am sick
I see, is there a specific dosage for sualin ?
It is a type of ayurvedic cough lozenge
1-2 tablets four times a day
ohh ok, let me try these tabs
thank you very much for your advice
Thanks for consulting
bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Oxyelite effects on birth control
- Can earplugs cause sinusitis
- What causes persistent cough and cold
- Birth control effects on nipples
- Feeling jittery from the birth control pills
- What causes cold and cough
- What causes frequent cold and cough
- Evatone is used for birth control pill
- Forgot to take my mercilon birth control
- Severe cough and cold blood in sputum chances of tuberculosis
- Does eating ice cause sinus problems
- What causes a swollen eardrum
- What causes excessive earwax in early preg
- Can eating pork causes tonsils
- What causes recurrent cough and cold