What causes tingling sensation down the foot after touching the ankle? - Online Doctor Chats
I'm a 22 year old female, 5'6", 160 lbs. I sprained my ankle about 3 years ago severely. It is obviously healed and I have done physical therapy to help with strengthening. Since the injury my ankle has persistantly popped. It will occasionally hurt both when I'm resting and active but this is rare. Recently, I've noticed that if I touch my ankle about in the place where the sprain occurred it sends a tingling sensation down my foot. Is there a reason this happens?
The tingling sensation you get could be due to irritation of the nerve running there
Is there something that could have caused this to happen?
This is not serious but you need to be examined once to make sure there is no nerve injury of any sort
It could be related to the old injury itself
but its too rare for it to present after long time since the injury
Need not worry, but do get examined
Are there ways to alleviate the symptoms? It doesn't hurt but it's just odd
but once a hands on examination would be essential to understand the cause in detail
I have recently started taking those again after a few month off
Do continue for a month or two
You are welcome
Is there anything you would like to know ?
I don't think so. I just wanted to check on that.
Thanks for using this service.
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Colchicine tablets for gout
- Cherry tablets for gout
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- Hands shaking racing heart weak legs pregnant
- Second hand smoke heart palpatations
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- Prp therapy for osteoarthritis
- 250 mg tramadol high
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes tingling sensation in penis after having sex
- Headache numbness and tingling left hand
- Pain clinic for fibromyalgia
- Racing heart and tingleing hands
- Numbness in hands and hashimotos
- Getting tingling sensation in foot what is causing this