What causes swelling on neck ? - Online Doctor Chats
have a partial blockage of an artery and have more test Monday - Dr. Said left side of neck I believe - like caratic artery - today I have swelling on my neck where upper and lower jaw meet - was looking for information on where this artery is to see if I should see a doctor or just take a pill
Sure, let me read the query
The artery is present on both sides of the neck
They will do more test Monday and then see a surgen for second opinion
but would it could it cause this swelling?
or maybe just some infection?
Where exactly is the swelling ?
on the face or on the neck ?
just where the upper and lower jaw hing on the left below the ear
ok, this is unrelated to the carotid artry
well, depends where the neck ends and face starts - under the ear
which could be secondary to a milder infection in the vicinity
me too - is one odd as they are in pairs?
exactly, they do occur in pairs
Asprin and a good night sleep?
and for sure the cause is infection in many
other side seems ok but I did notice both were tender when the ultra sound devise was pushing on them
I've got Motrin - works good for lower back vs asprin
that could be the sign for another swelling for sure
ok, any other advise?
Oral gargling with antispetic solution like CHOLRHEXIDINE will help
As most of times such swelling appear due to infections in the mouth
OK, I'll get that only have standard daily wash
You are welcome
Wish you good health
Thanks - to you as well
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- What does gfr and aspartate aminotranferase mean
- What causes tightness in neck
- What causes spots on neck
- Why voice crack when sore throat
- What causes burning sensation in back and thigh muscles
- What is the cause and treatment for atelectasis
- My voice cracks all the time
- What causes black neck
- Is an extra dose of synthroid life threatning
- What causes horrible taste in mouth when suffering from sinusitis
- Cause for swelling in neck gland
- Ear infection crackling in ear
- What causes neck and axillary swelling
- Cracked skin on septum
- My voice cracks when i shout