Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

What causes pus filled lumps under the armpits? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 23-Apr-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Lump
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1501 Questions
User:I have pus filled lumps under my armpits that want stop leaking or go away what should I do
Let me read your query for few minutes to be able to have a good discussion here.
Doctor:I have read your query, thank you for waiting
Doctor:You need to take effective antibiotics orally for it to go away
User:What is it
Doctor:I usually prescribe my patients a 7 days course of amoxicillin with clavulinic acid
Doctor:If need be surgical drainage of the lumps can be done too
User:Why do it smell
Doctor:because of the bacterial infection
Doctor:A culture of the pus from the lumps will help to identify the organsism
User:Will it cause sores anywhere else
Doctor:Yes, if it is generalized infection, it can spread to other adjacent areas
Doctor:May I know your age and are you diabetic?
User:Can it be past to others
Doctor:no, very unlikely
Doctor:it is not contagious or spread to others easily
User:I'm 30 and only when I carry a baby
Doctor:Thank you
Doctor:Have you got your blood sugar tested recently?
User:Not in 2 year I have a kit can I test it myself
Doctor:sure, please go ahead and test yourself
User:What should the numbers read
Doctor:In fasting state, less than 126
Doctor:In random testing less than 200
Doctor:After food, around 180
User:If I'm diabetic will I start to get sores on my feet
Doctor:Yes, you would
Doctor:Apparently, you would get infections like the lumps in your arm pits that does not go away
Doctor:You may also get recurrent urinary tract infections
Doctor:Fungal infections like candida are common too when one gets diabetic
User:What about open sores that take forever to heal
Doctor:Yes, they do occur in diabetes as well
User:So when I go to doc just ask them to check me to see if I'm debetic
Doctor:Yes, please do that
Doctor:Also get a culture of the pus from those lumps in the arm pit
User:Thank you so much
Doctor:Get well soon
Doctor:my pleasure
Doctor:Thanks for visiting me here. Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor