Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

What causes pain in left testicle? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 26-Mar-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Please proceed with your query
User:Hi Doctor, I have a pain in my left testicle
User:today I got my sonography done. and reports shows normal
User:As of now the pain is not that severe, but it pains when I touch it.
User:Here the local physician said before sonograpy that it should get cured after using some Antibiotics
User:the pain reduced when i was taking antibiotics
User:but when stopped it started paining again
User:request you to please suggest with this condition
Doctor:May I know your age?
Doctor:Besides the pain what other symptoms do you have?
User:it just pains when i touch it , or while wearing clothes
Doctor:Do you find any changes on the skin of scrotum?
Doctor:Is it on one side or both side?
User:No, i checked for that but there is nothing like that
User:its on left side only
Doctor:Have you tested your urine and semen?
Doctor:Are you there?
User:urine and semen no
Doctor:Let me brief you.
User:doctor had only asked to have a sonography
Doctor:You described a slightly discomforting situation.
Doctor:The pain may be arising from the testis / genital organs
Doctor:or from the surface (skin)
Doctor:without an opportunity to examine it is difficult to confirm which of the part is causing the ache.
Doctor:Since you met a doctor and felt better after a course of antibiotic
Doctor:it is probably related to infection.
Doctor:Infections of the genital organs take time to resolve. However it is slightly difficult to treat also.
Doctor:In my opinion, I think you should consult an urologist
Doctor:who can examine you and figure out if there are any elements of infection persisting.
Doctor:Urine examination and semen analysis can provide clues.
Doctor:If all infection has cleared and the skin area is unaffected, it may take some more days before you feel better.
Doctor:Therefore consult an urologist.
Doctor:Have you followed what I suggested?
Doctor:Do you have any questions?
User:yes, one more
User:what causes these kind of infections ?
Doctor:Its commonly arises secondary to previous urinary tract infection.
Doctor:If you been active sexually (involved in unprotected sexual intercourse) it may be related.
Doctor:The tests can provide directions about where it may have come from.
User:yes, i am married and me and my wife are planning to have a baby
Doctor:Do not be worried about the cause.
Doctor:If you were not involved with unknown partners, these are unlikely to be from XXXXXXX causes.
Doctor:Consult an urologist. After physical examination and investigations a proper solution can be planned.
User:no thats not the case..
Doctor:Do you have any other query.
User:sure ..
User:how to find a good urologist in the city
User:I am from Pune, can you suggest any names ?
User:or hospital?
Doctor:I am from Bangalore and I do not know of urologist at Pune. You can visit the nearest multidisciplinary hospital such as Apollo / fortis.
Doctor:or a medical college hospital
Doctor:You will find a good urologist there.
Doctor:Alternatively, if you are unable to find them,
User:that sounds good.
Doctor:you can write to the customer care team of HealthcareMagic to help you find one.
Doctor:Is there any thing else?
User:No, thats it
User:thank you doctor
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
User:yup good bye.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor