What causes heavy menstrual bleeding? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
I am a 33 year old female
My query is gynacological
I delivered about 1.5 years ago via c-section
For about 6 months post delivery I did not get periods, followed by 6 months of regular periods
Now for the last 6 months, my periods have become heavier than usual. The period lasts 7-8 days and also the cycle has become short - 3 weeks
As a result I am bleeding for over a week, every 3 weeks
I think this is also making me anemic
IS this routine or should I see an expert?
The hormones during pregnancy and the lactation does causes some menstrual hormone changes leading to slightly altered period.
Most women complain of heavy flow after delivery.
However if they don't improve, you will be benefitted by using birth control pills for short period of time.
At this point of time, without a means to examine you and assess the effects of bleeding
I wouldn't be the right person to discuss about the use of birth control pill.
You can try tranexamic acid pill during the next cycle if bleeding is heavy (more than 4 pads a day)
and consider visiting gynecologist whenever possible.
Have you followed what I suggested?
Are you there?
Did you follow my suggestions?
Is there any questions?
tranexamic acid pills... What are these?
These are pills prescribed by doctors to patients with heavy bleeding.
what is the dosage? when should i take the pill?
A physician or a gynecologist will be able to prescribe it to you.
only to be taken if more than 4 pads a day?
I suggest my patients 250mg tablets twice a day for 2-3 days
Ok. Thank you Doctor
Period flow is measured by the number of pads you use. If it is more than 4 pads a day, then you indeed have a heavy flow.
You can opt for the medicines under a doctors guidance
and plan to consult a gynecologist for birth control pills the next time if you have heavy flow.
Hope it is clear.
Do you have any other questions?
Are you there?
I have to close the chat as you are not responding.
you can chat with us 24/7 if you have any medical query.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Causes of heavy menstrual bleeding
- What is the cause and cure for heavy menstrual bleeding
- Heavy painful periods with clots
- Levocetirizine hcl side effects
- Passing large clots during period
- Less eosinophil count causes cold
- Cause of pain and heavy menstrual bleeding after termination
- Cramps no period sign menopause
- Lesions labia minora
- Heavy menstrual bleeding precautions
- Heavy menstrual bleeding for 2 days then stopped causes
- Legs getting numb after sitting
- Letoval 5mg and pregnancy chances
- Menstrual cramps or pregnancy cramps
- Signs of a complete miscarriage