What causes chest pain while running? - Online Doctor Chats
I have read your query
can you please tell me your age and gender?
And since how long have you been noticing this issue?
My BP is sometimes up 140/90 and sometimes 120/70. I have not been diagnosised with hypertension. No diabetes
Okay, that is good. What is the nature of your job?
Started 2 weeks aga. Getting worse. Meaning that when I run the discomfort starts sooner and sooner into the run. I haven't tried to run at all for almost 2weeks
Research asst with university.
Have you ever got an EKG done?
or have you consulted any doctor recently for this issue?
Yes, last week. I was told it was fine. No arythmias
Your symptoms are suggestive of Angina
did they subject you to Treadmill test?
Ok. I have an appointment with a cardiologist march 4th. Having problems with ins company ok ing my stress test
I can't sleep at night. I can't lie flat. I sleep in a recliner
Okay, please wait for the results, once the results are back, the insurance company should approve further investigations
Ok. Hopefully my ins co will ok this test by march 4
Why is that? what happens when you try and sleep flat?
Mild pain behind the sternum if I lie flat
Your condition is not a pre-existing condition, your insurer should not object to further testing if the doctor feels it is necessary.
Do you get breathless while running or laying flat?
I hope that they haven't denied the test. I think they're just taking a long time to ok the test. The radiologist won't do the test until I get the ok
do you feel breathless while lying flat?
No shortness of breath
Okay, I hope they will approve the test
So, what further information are you looking for?
Me too. Do you think my coronary Artie's might be blocked?
Honestly, I can't speculate on that until you have a nuclear stress test or coronary angiogram done
It is too premature to give you a precise answer
that is the reason why these tests are necessary
Ok thanks. It's worth the money just to chat with you
It is my pleasure to be of help to you sir.
My primary always too busy to talk much. I feel better knowing that we are on the right path it seems
Yes, I do certainly feel that your PCP is on the right track.
Thanks so much
It is unfortunate that doctors are hard pressed for time
You are most welcome
is there anything else you would like to ask me?
I think I have the info that I was searching for. Thanks again
You are welcome. Thank you for choosing our service
Have a great evening ahead
All the best
bye, and take care
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- What causes chest pain while breathing with palpitations
- I am suffering from pertussis prophylaxis, can i take tripedia ?
- Symptoms of urethral cyst
- What causes chest pains while sleeping
- I am suffering from aspergillosis, invasive, can i take ambisome?
- Symptoms of dystonic tremor
- I am suffering from copd, maintenance, can i take tudorza pressair?
- Symptoms of unilateral throbbing headache
- What is the cause of chest pain while eating
- I am suffering from copd, acute, can i take azithromycin dose pack?
- Symptoms of vascular thrombosis
- What causes pleurisy chest pain
- Symptoms of hereditary neuropathy
- I am suffering from chronic cough, can i take tylenol with codeine #3?
- What causes chest pain while talking