Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

What are the symptoms of testicle cancer? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 27-Nov-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Cancer
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User:I am looking for a urologist
User:sorry to say hi
Doctor:you can post a query to an Urologist from your dashboard
Doctor:are you there?
User:yes I don't know how I can chat with a urologist
Doctor:I am sorry
Doctor:URologist is not available on chat
User:I mean from dashboard.
Doctor:You can post a query to the same
User:ok thanks
Doctor:Choose ASk a Specialist option
Doctor:do you have more queries?
User:hi doctor I can ask you this question as well
User:undescended testis if partially comes in sac after about 30 years is their any cancer related problem. the size is large but no other issues. what are the symptoms of testicle cancer and when is the real need to treat it.
Doctor:ask me
Doctor:undescended testis up to 30 years
Doctor:and then partially coming into the sac
Doctor:still carries risk for cancer
User:so are they any symptoms
Doctor:usually it is asymptomatic
User:but the person has no problems.
User:I mean is it guarented to cause cancer?
Doctor:Painless swelling or nodule of one testicle is the most common presenting symptom.
Doctor:Dull ache or heavy sensation in the lower abdomen could be presenting symptom as well
Doctor:more than 50% chance of getting cancer
User:Ok so this is my cousin and he says the foillowing
User:during his birth where he had only one testes visible and other was not visible doctor said that as he will grow it will come down .all these days he thought he only had one testes but recently he felt the presence of the other testes while sitting for bowels. and in past 1 year his other testes have come partially down.he says when he stand's or walks it is half down in sac and when sitting for bowels it comes complete in sac but when he sleeps it completely its not lose like other testes in sac but tightly held.another important thing is the size of this testes is 2 times in size of the other.he has no pain and so unsure does this cause any harm and needs treatment. one more important point is this change had happened after 30 years. please advice what he needs to do. he is hesitant to share with his family
Doctor:please give me a minute to read this
Doctor:are you there?
Doctor:He needs to undergo testicular biopsy to confirm or rule out cancer
User:what is that
User:I mean wha t is done in that
Doctor:it is a procedure
Doctor:A syringe is used to collect testicular tissue
Doctor:and it is studied under the microscope
Doctor:this will rule out cancer
User:ok if it does not have cancer can it be left as it is?
Doctor:it can be left as it is
Doctor:it needs periodic evaluation
User:so if at this age he has not developed no cancer will in future it wont develop cancer ?
Doctor:Once annually for any changes
Doctor:There is a lifetime risk of getting cancer by 5%
User:ok are u from bangalore
Doctor:I am
User:so this test needs to be perfomed by a urologist or any other general hospital is ok?
User:I mean can u suggest any hodpital or clinic
Doctor:it has to be performed by under the care of a Urologist
Doctor:Isn't he seeing a urologist already?
Doctor:that is sad
Doctor:He must be seeing an urologist for this
User:he observed this change some 6 months back
Doctor:Dr. H K XXXXXXX at M. S. Ramaiah hospital is good
Doctor:He can contact this doctor
Doctor:all right?
User:ok thanks doctor
User:can we shoe in hospitals like manipal etc
Doctor:you can
User:are they good?
User:ok thanks for chat
Doctor:you are welcome
Doctor:any more queries?
User:no doctor thanku
Doctor:good day
Doctor:bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor