What are the findings from the thyroid report? - Online Doctor Chats
Good evening Doctor
During my recent visit to an eye specialist, I was asked to get some lab tests
The lab results show as below
Blood Glucose (PP)- 101 mg/dl
I think you have posted a query for the same
Yes.. I wanted to chat.. but clicked on submitting a query online... not good with technology
Shall we continue here and delete that query?
please proceed further
your above reports are normal
Serum total T3 - 106.22
Serum T4- 11
report of TSH is high
Lab tech told that I should consult a doctor for further diagnosis
is this yours?
Are you XXXX?
Yes, you probably need medications for this
What does this report indicate?
The specialist can prescribe you the right dosage of the drugs
It indicates low functioning thyroid
There is no enough thyroid hormone within you
Ohh.. Any symptoms which I can correlate with it
What impact does it give?
lack of energy
loss of hair
it decreases your stamina for daily work
I do have these... particularly stubborn weight, hair loss and skin rashes
these are all signs of low thyroid
Apart from medicine, how should I change my lifestyle?
regular physical activity is recommended
no dietary changes as such is required
you should take the medicine
and check the levels periodically
once every 6 months
ok - medicine for long term or short term for containing?
it is used for long term
usually for life time
Doesn't sound good....My mother's family has history... would that have caused or my stress in work?
both are causative
yes, it doesn't
This explains.. many thanks Doctor.. sorry, I am asking too many questions
Any other advise for me Doctor?
Sure, Thank you very much once again... I will close the chat now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Injured severely mri done do i need surgery
- Bleeding slightly bulky uterus
- X-ray showed bronchovasscular markings prominent in bilateral lung field meaning
- Vaginal bleeding broken tailbone
- Causes of bum bleed
- What are the findings in my thyroid test report
- Nose bleed blocked ear cough
- Does biotin affect blood test result
- What are the findings from the thyroid ultrasound report
- What is the finding of the scan of thyroid gland
- Thyroid tests done what are the findings
- What are the findings in my thyroid report
- Blood test done are the findings normal
- Red skin bumcrack bleeding
- Done complete blood work what does the report indicate