Wanted to ask why it hurts when we have a wisdom tooth, how long would the pain last? - Online Doctor Chats
Please proceed with your query.
i wanted to ask why it hurts when we have a wisdon tooth, how long would the pain last?
The wisdom tooth as you know erupts the last, after all other teeth has erupted.
Normally when it erupts there would be no much pain.
But since it is at the end of the jaw, and if there is no much space there,
it gets blocked by the tooth in front of it.
Then it causes inflammation around the area and causes pain.
Or if the position of the teeth is slightly changed, like in
horizontal position, instead of vertical position,
it gets trapped in the jaw.
Then it would be called as an impacted third molar.
In those cases, it would be required to relieve the tooth from its position.
Until it is removed, it causes pain.
thank you for your reply
So, to see if it is just a wisdom tooth erupting, or if it is an impacted tooth
you can use warm salt water gargling, to relieve of the symptoms
Are you following me XXXXXX
yes i do
Is there anything else I could assist you with?
no. that will be all
Ok. Thanks for consulting me.
Please let me know if any further help is required.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Tooth pain in crowned tooth
- Symptoms of hodgkins lymphoma relapse
- Can i take ketorol dt for toothache during pregnancy
- Hiv viral load values
- What is the use of nupenta 40
- Prevention methods for hiv
- Uncemented hip replacement recovery
- How to stop tooth pain from tooth movement
- Can indigestion caused by a general anesthetic
- Canker sores on the inner upper lip and tongue
- Hip and lateral thigh pain
- Tooth pain broken tooth
- Wisdom tooth and eye pain
- Tooth ache jaw pain is it wisdom tooth
- How to remove tooth decay without anesthetic