Viral infection causing fever ,loose motions - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
User : hello there
How can i help you?
User : i have a 3 year old kid, having fever since yesterday
User : he doesnt take any oral medication so weare giving joniac 12.5Mg
User : he doesnt eat or drink as well
User : fever stops for 4 hours, we feed him milk at least but moment 4 hours are over it comes back
User : problem is it is Sunday today and there are no doctors around except GP
I shall help you in this.
User : he doesnt have cold or plheum as such
User : so far no vomitting but loose motions started this morning
User : thats all i can share
Common cause of fever in kids are due to viral infection.
This infection usually comes down in 3 to 4 days time.
User : okay
The same with your kid.
User : but how many times we give this medicine, every 4 hours it comes back
the medication you giving him will transiently decrease the fever and as the infection is still persisting the fever comes back.
So continue the medicine once in 6 hrs.
And if the fever comes back
DO sponging during that period.
This way fever will reduce.
Doctor : Have you followed?
User : okay
User : thanks i did
Is there any other query?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Viral infection fever in children
- Effects of lever expansion
- Viral fever and loose motion in childrens
- Skipping exercise effects uterus
- 4 year old stomach virus clay colored stool
- Toddler with a red circle on face
- What will make a toddlers stool clay colored
- Length of fever with viral infection
- Tiredness headache fever tonsil pain vomiting loose motions viral fever
- Effects of using expired ky lube
- Side effect of expired listerine
- Clay coloured smelly poo in 3 year old
- Toddler dry stool clay
- Viral fever with loose motions indicates
- Effects of excessive mastabation