Viral Meningitis and WBC levels - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hello
User : Hi..I would like to ask about viral meningitis..I had it a month ago and my lumbar showed 4.40 white cells at first then it dropped to 1.78 3 weeks ago after taking antibiotics for 10 days and I was discharged from hospital..today, my lumbar showed 0.70 white cells. My question is is it normal to still have this level of white cells after this time or should they all be gone by now?
how can i help u?
whats ur age/sex?
User : M/26
normal CSF WBC count 0-8 Leukocytes/cmm
User : yes but how long does it take to get to that level after meningitis?
Doctor : Normal CSF has very few WBCs (0-8/cmm).
Doctor : what is ur wbc count that is how many cells?
User : 70
it is 70?
User : yes
Doctor : are u sure its 70?
User : Ã was told the rate is 0.7
User : which corresponds to 70 cells
Doctor : Ã?Â ?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- How is viral meningitis spread
- Viral meningitis and leukemia
- Painful catch in hip
- Viral meningitis lumbar puncture
- Stray dog bite precautions
- Dog bite without piercing the skin
- Sore tongue and catarrh
- Dog bite nonveg
- Can catarrh upset my stomach
- Treatment for mild dog bite
- Precordial catch syndrome and phlem
- Treatment for 2 month bite dog
- Viral meningitis in adults
- Viral meningitis droplet or airborne
- Lump in throat and catarrh