Vaccination. Is IPV essential? Is it same as OPV? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Are you there?
my daughter is 11 months old now.
in that IPV is not there
what is the difference between IPV and OPV? is IPV necessary?
To understand this, I think you need to know what a vaccine is.
since she is already 11 months old and these IPV vaccines should be given at 6, 10, 14 weeks. will they be effective if they are given now.
Vaccine is nothing but an inactivated microorganism or a live less harmful strain of microorganism which when given produced enough antibodies.
These antibody is stored in the body so that when a real infection comes, it fights against it.
IPV is inactive attenuated vaccine.
So Doctor can we give IPV now?
If your daughter had not received the IPV in the past, she can still receive it now.
The second dose can be given a month or 2 later.
3rd dose may be given 6-12 months after the second dose.
The activity of IPV would the same as routine immunization for polio.
Have you followed?
i didnt get same as routine immunization for polio? what is this routine immunization for polio?
Routine immunization is OPV + IPV given at 6, 10 and 14 weeks of birth.
As you mentioned she has received OPV at that period and not IPV, the IPV given now can be considered as the first dose.
She can get 2 more doses after a month and the next after 6-12 months.
Have you followed?
Do you have any other query?
Let me brief you.
Pulse polio is a government organized programme for mass vaccination.
It basically aims at eradicating polio from the community.
It works on a concept that if 80% of children under 5 years of age are vaccinated at a single point of time, the incidence of new polio occurrence can be prevented to a significant level.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Painless vaccine of dpt and opv
- Liver enzymes neck swelling
- Can child be given double dose of opv vaccine
- Low testosterone high eosiniphils
- Yellow fever vaccine banglore
- Yellow stool liver enzyme
- What vaccinations for 6 week baby
- High liver enzymes and meningitis
- Is dpt and opv vaccine still necessary at age 7?
- Painless vaccination of opv and dpt
- Lemon to lower liver enzymes
- Is dpt opv compulsory vaccine
- Caring for bcg injection wound
- Manipal hospital yellow fever vaccination bangalroe
- Yellow fever vaccine back pain