Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Urine pregnancy test to confirm pregnancy - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Pregnancy
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2548 Questions
User :   hi... this is AAAAAAA ... im married since 6 months now... my period for this month is delayed.... can you please help me and i have not tested my pregnancy....
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi...
Doctor :  
May I know for
User :   im married since 6 months now... my period for this month is delayed.... can you please help me and i have not tested my pregnancy..
Doctor :  
how long has it been delayed?
User :   now by 8 days...
User :   but i have all the symptoms of getting period.. but not gettin it
Doctor :  
Before I proceed any further, may I ask you few questions to know about you?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Please give your Age, Location, Occupation, Height, Weight and Waist circumference.
User :   22yrs Bangalore, working in a bank, 5.6inches 74kgs waist is abt 36
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :  
Have you ever had
Doctor :  
such a delay before?
User :   no....
Doctor :  
OK, the only way one can say whether
Doctor :  
you are pregnant or not is by taking up any
Doctor :  
of the tests to confirm pregnancy
Doctor :  
In case you are
User :   one thing is my periods were irregular previously b4 mrg.. so my family doc had prescribed me Susten 300...
Doctor :  
pregnant, then this will be the 22nd day of the fetus
User :   i even took that thinking of the delay....
Doctor :  
User :   so now what do i do?
User :   i don wnt the kis now as we are not well settled yet
User :   sry kid
Doctor :  
the only option
User :   what is it?
Doctor :  
left is to rule out pregnancy by doing the urine pregnancy test
User :   okay... if it comes positive then wat do i need t do?
Doctor :  
Susten is also given to certain women who are noy able
User :   okay...does it work as birth control by any chance?
Doctor :  
to maintain pregnancy, due to progesterone(a hormone) deficiency
User :   does Sustenwork as birth control by any chance? now after UPT i need to consult a doctor depending on the results rite?
Doctor :  
Yes it can prevent fertilisation
Doctor :  
when taken before your ovum is fertilised by sperm
Doctor :  
Yes, in case it turns out to be
User :   okay..... can i consult you back after UPT?
Doctor :  
positive then you have to visit a gynecologist for a medical termination of pregnancy
Doctor :  
User :   but how do i?
Doctor :  
But let me tell you well ahead
Doctor :  
that it is not possible to prescribe you the Drug used for termination
User :   okay...
Doctor :  
as it needs a physical examination & confirmation that the embryo is in the uterus not elsewhere
User :   or can you suggest me a doctor to consult directly if its positive for termination
User :   ?
Doctor :  
You can ask for UPT kit or Velocit kit
Doctor :  
You can find
User :   okay.... ill do that... if i have to get back to you from sme queries then how is tht>
Doctor :  
a doctor in your area via this link in our website: WWW.WWWW.WW User :   okay...
Doctor :  
Doctors are always here at this end, your chat history has been saved
User :   thank you so much
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor