Ulcer on tongue and taking Folvite. Have cold and cough - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Are you there?
Can I ask who prescribed these medications to you?
And since when are you having these complaints?
These medicines were suggested my a doctor in local clinic long back for same symptoms
Cold Cough for last 4-5 days
ulcer for last 2 days
Do you produce sputum with cough?
Yes Doctor. Sometime it becomes difficult to bring the cough out
Are you running fever?
Not yet. Last night was feeling feverish. But the temperature was normal
How about headache, body aches, weakness - do you have these symptoms?
last night i had headache. No body ache/ weakness. But I do feel drowsy and tired
Let me brief you.
It is essential and crucial to identify the cause of this infection.
your symptoms appear like viral infection to me; however without a physical examination it is difficult to exclude early bacterial infection.
Now, recofast syrup is helpful in reducing the symptoms.
But it doesn't treat the virus.
Body has its defence which will eventually win this battle and you will feel well.
This however would take some time - 5-7 days.
If you are feeling very drowsy, then reduce the amount of recofast.
Ok. I was having recofast plus tablet twice a day
Or may be stop it and try other cough syrup like syp Tus Q
Ok doctor. I already have a syrup - Kofarest AL
You can also apply Dologel CT mouth gels on the ulcerated area
Most of these medications can interact with each other
and make you more drowsy.
Please do not use medications based on previous prescription.
If I were to be treating you,
I would only suggest the following:
1. Either Kofarest syrup or Syp Tus Q 5ml twice or thrice a day.
2. Dologel CT for ulcers
3. Vitamin supplement such as folvite once a day.
4. Plenty of fluids for hydration
5. Plenty of fruits and vegetable.s
6. Tab Colpol 500mg whenever you feel feverish.
7. You can also include steam inhalation three times a day for additional benefits.
If these don't help you in the next 3 days, visit a doctor for evaluation.
Have you followed?
Do you have any questions?
Sure . Doctor. That was really helpful
one last thing. for cold and cough only the syrup is enough
I also suggested steam inhalation along with syrup.
Too many medications for cough and cold can make you drowsy.
Try this and if it doesn
*doesn't improve visit a doctor for additional medications.
Sure Doctor. understood. Thanks for your detailed advice
Do you have any questions?
No Doctor. Thanks. Have a nice day
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Is it safe to take cough drops for cold
- Duration of taking folvite tablets
- Inflamed tonsils light headed
- Bilateral ear pain for adult
- Itchy head swollen lymph nodes
- What are the causes of heavy headed
- Which vitamin tablets should i take for healthy eyes
- Is it safe to take siphene and folvite
- Medicine for phlegm please suggest
- Having nausea and dizziness after a head injury
- Throat hurts to lift head
- Trying to conceive taking folvite dose for folvite
- Small hole in head
- Will folvite causes cold
- Nose hurts light headed