Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Tuning fork test for hearing loss - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2549 Questions
Doctor :   hi
User :   Hi
Doctor :   how can i help yu
User :   I got my r.ear scanned by an audiologist
User :   and found that there is no reflex
User :   when contacted the doc, he said I need to go for an opr
User :   however, when I talked to one of my friend who is an audiologist
Doctor :   I dint really get your queston?
User :   he said there is no need for that as it is common
User :   my question is, Is an opr required if my ear is not giving any reflex
Doctor :   What reflex
User :   to very high frequency sounds
Doctor :   Were the tuning fork tests done
Doctor :   putting at the back of ear and at the centre of fore head
User :   I don't know what tuning forks is but they used some sound device and asked me to wear a headphone
User :   yes, they did
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   any way why did you go to the audiologist
Doctor :   for the deafness
Doctor :   i mean unable to hear properly
User :   as my ear was paining and doc asked me to go their
User :   Sir, I'll contact you later when I return with the report
User :   thx
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Please comeback with the report
Doctor :   bye
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor