Trying to become pregnant but not successful. - Online Doctor Chats
Dr XXXXXXX here
How can I help you?
Hi, I & My wife are planning for a kid since 3 months but are not sucessful. Initial 1 month, we didnt have proper idea when is the fertile days but after consulting some doctors, we figured out that fertile days are 14 days before the next mensturial cycle. We made sure that we had continioous sex for a week, but again today she got her periods. What must have been the reason
we tried for 2 months correctly i feel
continious sex for a week in fertile days
May I know your age and your wife's age?
And how long have you been married?
Are you there?
i m 31, she is 22
we hv been married for 1 yr, 2 months now
Are you there?
we used condoms for almost 11 months
May I know if your wife's periods are normal?
normal in the sense?
I mean are the periods regular?
yes, 2 months back it was delayed by a week
last periods was on 23rd Feb, this time today ie 26th mar
Let me brief you.
Tests for fertility are considered when a person fails to conceive even after year and half of repeated trying.
Further, since the days of ovulation and sperm viability is restricted, repeated trials during ovulation days will result in fruitful results.
I shall suggest you a few measures that can assist you.
1. Your wife should start on folic acid supplements such as tab. folvite 5mg once a day as long as you try for pregnancy.
2. Ovulation days falls around the 14th day if periods are very regular.
If there is variations of few days, 11th to 18th day can be considered as fertile periods.
She can calculate the number of days between 2 periods to know if her cycles are regular or not.
3. Increase the frequency of sexual intercourse during these days. Not only on the ovulation day.
4. You can get your semen checked to see if there are any problems.
Please get it done.
are there any ways to improve semen quantity and quality?
5. Physical stress and anxiety can affect periods as well as chances of pregnancy. So stay relaxed, eat a healthy diet.
There are treatment options available to rectify semen analysis report. However that will depend on the cause.
Therefore once you get your semen analysis done, we can comment further about it.
is it done to find out the sperm count?
6. Follow a healthy life style such as early morning exercise, eating a healthy diet and avoiding smoking and alcohol (if any) - this involves both partners.
Yes, semen analysis will include sperm count and other parameters.
7. If semen analysis is normal and if repeated trials doesn't lead to fruitful results despite trying for the next 6 months, then your wife can opt for testing.
She needs to get some test like FSH and LH level checked on the 3rd of period. AMH level and prolactin on the 11th day.
Follicular scan and hysterosalphingogram.
All these test will guide us with the next steps of treatment.
In brief, I can understand your disappointment with not being able to parent a child. But don't worry.
I do not feel you will have any difficulties. Keep trying and include the first 6 measures I suggested.
Have you followed?
It is also beneficial that your wife lies on the bed for few minutes after sexual intercourse.
Do you have any other query?
Thanks doc, certainly it will help
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Trying to get pregnant on cipralex
- Pain in epiglottis when yawning
- Pregnant after zoladex success
- Throat infection white spot epiglottis
- Information about dubagest tablet
- Piles and trying to get pregnant
- Hymenorrhaphy operation in dubai
- Trying to get pregnant with mctd
- Epiglottis visible stick tounge
- Mephedrone epididymitis
- Trying to be pregnant brownish spotting pregnant
- Early labor due to excess fluid
- Gas troubles due to duphaston tablets
- Food stuck in my throat lettuce epiglottis
- Dvt due to erection