Trying for conception. Taking ascoril and erythromycin for cough and throat infection. Are these safe in pregnancy? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you today?
Day 20 now
am getting severe cough , Can i use cough syrup along with those medicines
Yes you can .
Though take it only if bad cough as you may be pregnant.
Cough also needs to be suppressed for better chances of conception.
Someone told that I shouldn't use cough or cold related medicines which will impact on pregnancy chances
Well women keep getting coughs and colds during pregnancy-usually no adverse effect is seen with these medicines.
Ascoril - is it ok to use?
If taken in limits it is beneficial as cough itself may interfere with pregnancy.
oh ok ok
ascoril has many constituents of medicines.
During pregnancy it is better to take one medicine at the most
am currently using Erithromycin for throat infection
and Ascoril syrup for cough
you can safely take that medicines
okay thanks doctor
I have doubt with erithromycin
what else can be taken for throat infection?
You need to consult with your gynecologist before you take a medicine.
Thanks for the suggestion
Doxylamine is an antiallergic that has been extensively tested on pregnant women and is considered safe.
Do you have any other query?
Hope I addressed your concerns.
I need to close the chat window now.
You can login again to chat with a doctor 24/7
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Losartan i hear my heartbeat
- Suggest treatment for throat infection and cough
- Throat infection in fourth month of pregnancy
- Throat infection with sever cough
- Omacor 1000 mg
- Throat infection during pregnancy
- Aspartame health risks
- Is hydrocodone safe for heart surgery patients
- How long does weed stay in system health
- Muesli health benefits
- Ampiclox for cough and throat infection
- Cinnarizine 15 mg
- Can i smoke marijuana on lisinopril hctz
- Average thyroxine dose
- How to rid oxyelite pro headaches