Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Treatment for migrane - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Headache and Migraines
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can i help you?
User :   Dear doctor my wife suffers with migraine what could be the reason for that and is any treatment available ?????
Doctor :  
migraine is a condition where most of the time it is idiopathic meaning there is no specific cause found even after many investigations.
Doctor :  
yes there is a treatment for it whether it is idiopathic or not
Doctor :  
the treatment takes long time
Doctor :   did you consult a neurologist in this regard?
User :   What is the duration and fee structure of the treatment
User :   no I am thinking to take her to one neurologist
Doctor :   duration of the treatment cannot be predicted, it is not fixed, it is very much subjective.

Doctor :   yes you need to speak to neurologist regarding the treatment plan
Doctor :   after the physical examination and his assessment he will be able to give you a rough idea of the duration and the cost
Doctor :  
the time duration roughly i can say, it is usually in years
Doctor :  
depending on the type of migraine she is suffering from.

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor