Treatment for jaundice in a new born - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
Doctor : how can i help you
User : hi..
Doctor : please go ahead with ur medical query
User : Doctors say that my new born baby of 5 days has jaundice. whether hospitalisation is required?
Doctor : For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details of the person-Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height.
Doctor : treatment depends on the cause
User : 5 days, Male, new born, XXX , 2.5 Kgs at birth
Doctor : If the bilirubin level is too high, the child may need to be placed under a special type of light.
Doctor : This treatment is called phototherapy
Doctor : this needs hospitalization
Doctor : If an infant's bilirubin levels are very high or if the child appears ill, the baby will most likely be admitted to the hospital for treatment
User : will keeping under sun light help? is it life threatening?
Doctor : yes it does
Doctor : it depends on the general condition
Doctor : of the baby
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Does lactogen baby food contain steroids
- Side effect of teveten
- Treatment for constipated 1 year baby
- Baby consuming expired motrin
- Continuous movement of the baby
- Treatment for yellow jaundice
- Neonatal jaundice treatment graph
- Side effect of locorten
- Newborn baby jaundice treatment
- Side effect of super b complex
- Baby constipated and very sleepy
- Treatment of jaundice
- Side effect of radioactive iodine
- Jaundice pruritus treatment
- Usage of crinone