Treatment for goiter - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
User : Hi
how can i help u?
User : I was diagnosed with a Substernal Goiter, Im supposed to have surgery soon within the next couple of days I want to know if surgery is the only option and if I need to remove both my glands since only the left one is enlarged, is there a treatment to avoid my right gland to swell as well?
whats ur age/sex?
User : 33 male
Doctor : where do u stay?
Doctor : goiter means just enlargement of the thyroid gland
there are many reasons for the enlargement of the gland
Doctor : did the doctor tell any reason for swelling?
User : Lack of iodine
there are many treatment modalities
surgery is the last option
can u tell me ur symptoms?
cos treatment depends upon the symptoms
and their severity
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Tingling in back of head
- Multinodular thyroid goiter treatment
- Nontoxic uninodular goiter treatment
- Treatment and cure for multinodular goiter
- Toradol shot for back pain
- Medrol injections for back pain
- Micro organisms causing adrenal fatique
- Can marijuana cause adrenal problems
- Does low adrenal cause itching
- Treatment and cure for colloid goiter
- Chest pain adrenal fatigue
- Pulsating headache back of head
- Adrenal fatigue and chest tightness
- How to cure bacterial overgrowth
- Treatment and cure for uninodular goiter