Treatment for enlarged spleen? - Online Doctor Chats
Please proceed with your qquery.
during the regular check-up and City scan , Doc found that my wife has ENLARGED SPLEEN prob.
could you please advise regading the treamment , is surgery is the only option avali for treamant?
its a series prob or it can be trated by medician as well?
Has she investigated for cause of enlarged
Treatment depends upon the cause.
Doc suggested few test still needs to be done for its cause
Spleen is enlarged in many conditions like infections, malignancy, hematological conditions, etc.
I think it is worth to wait till the cause is excluded.
ok ..ENLARGED SPLEEN can be a serious prob ?
It could be. Again, let me tell you it depends on the cause. Enlarged spleen is sign and not the disease itself.
But, it presents due to some malignancy or hematological cause like thrombocytopenic purpura, it needs careful evaluation and careful treatment.
I would suggest you to follow your doctor's advise regarding the same, investigations can be advised after clinical examination. I lack that opportunity to examine the patient.
thanks for the advise.
Thanks for consulting me.
Wish you and your wife a good health.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Enlarged spleen in the ct scan treatment options
- Symptoms of leads to spasm
- Treatment for enlarged spleen
- Does gallbladder surgery causes impotence
- Symptoms of withdrawal syndrome
- Does garlic lower liver enzymes
- Symptoms of facial infection
- Symptoms of bile ducts tumors
- Have enlarged spleen what treatment should be done
- Does hcg diet help fatty liver
- Does hypoglycemia elevate liver enzymes
- Have enlarged spleen treatment and medication required
- Symptoms of vertebral basilar insufficiency
- Does drinking water after alcohol helps the liver
- Enlarged spleen holistic treatment