Treatment for enlarged spleen? - Online Doctor Chats
Please proceed with your qquery.
during the regular check-up and City scan , Doc found that my wife has ENLARGED SPLEEN prob.
could you please advise regading the treamment , is surgery is the only option avali for treamant?
its a series prob or it can be trated by medician as well?
Has she investigated for cause of enlarged
Treatment depends upon the cause.
Doc suggested few test still needs to be done for its cause
Spleen is enlarged in many conditions like infections, malignancy, hematological conditions, etc.
I think it is worth to wait till the cause is excluded.
ok ..ENLARGED SPLEEN can be a serious prob ?
It could be. Again, let me tell you it depends on the cause. Enlarged spleen is sign and not the disease itself.
But, it presents due to some malignancy or hematological cause like thrombocytopenic purpura, it needs careful evaluation and careful treatment.
I would suggest you to follow your doctor's advise regarding the same, investigations can be advised after clinical examination. I lack that opportunity to examine the patient.
thanks for the advise.
Thanks for consulting me.
Wish you and your wife a good health.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Enlarged spleen in the ct scan treatment options
- Drugs/medication for bile duct injury
- Drugs/medication for viral hepatitis e
- Treatment for enlarged spleen
- Canker sores in vagina and clitoris
- Canker sore circumvallate papillae
- Have enlarged spleen what treatment should be done
- Drugs/medication for fibrosis tumors
- Chills canker sores headaches
- Have enlarged spleen treatment and medication required
- Does vyvanse cause canker sores
- Drugs/medication for chronic liver injury
- Canker sores in mouth and diarhea
- Enlarged spleen holistic treatment
- Drugs/medication for liver inflammation