Treatment for bacterial infection the site of incision after surgery - Online Doctor Chats
I have herpes simplex 1 and just had a tummy tuck a week ago. I noticed today an area where my incesion is that it looks like like an outbreak, how will this effect my stiches or healing
I am Dr. XXXXXXX
You can relax
if however you are worried and if the outbreak is painful you can take a short course of anti viral medicines
Hello are you there?
It is directly on the incesion where the stiches are, will it spread
It may spread a bit, but will not cause any delay in healing
But we need to make sure it is herpes break out
If it is bacterial infection, which can occur at the site of incision, then you will need a course of antibiotics
I am on keflix now from the surgery and started taking y medication I take for outbreaks, will that be ok
that will be okay
I have my incesion covered with gauze and wearing a compression garment, that is ok as well?
Yes, that is absolutely fine as well
Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.
You are most welcome
thank you for using our services
have a good day ahead
You can close the chat window by clicking "Close chat window" on the top right hand corner
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Dizziness when using orbitrek elite
- Acne bacterial infection treatment
- Can sterapred cure crest syndrome ?
- Can sterapred cure discoid eczema ?
- Incisive papilla infection treatment
- Will sal plant gel treat verruca ?
- Can i take retin a for whiteheads ?
- No energy and dizzy
- Paternia side effects dizziness
- Headaches and dizziness and heat flashes everyday
- Iv site infection treatment
- Vaginal bacterial infection treatment
- Bacterial sinus infection treatment
- Can i take chlor trimeton for hives ?
- Elchuri remedies for dizziness