Treatment for anxiety and panic attacks - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
User : i am a 15 year old with terrible anxiety, panic attacks everything. i have a chorus concert coming up next week and i dont know what to do. is there anyway to stop anxiety?
how can i help you?
User : also i feel as if im dying a lot, the other day up to now i have been feeling some pain in the right area of my chest and it worries me, could it just be anxiety?
The medical treatment for anxiety are of two types, behavioural therapy and medical drugs.
Since you are young it is better to avoid medicaltions.
You may need a professional counselling by a clinical psychologist.
for improving the anxiety symptoms.
User : okay what about the right side of my chest... it hurts a lot now could that just be from the anxiety or
Doctor : i shall suggest few measures for temporary help.
Yes they are too part of your anxiety symptoms.
During the episodes of panic attacks, counting numbers, deep breathing exercises are proven to help reduce your symptoms.
Doctor : You can practice those..
Good motivation and meditations also help in controlling your symptoms.
Practice those too and all the best.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Treatment and cure for postural lightheadedness
- Side effect of buspirone
- Suggest best possible treatments for anxiety and panic attacks
- Treatment and cure for constant spasms
- Hydrocele itchy
- Side effect of temazepam
- Hurts to pee during implantation
- High sgpt complications
- I dont have proper motion
- Anxiety disorder panic attacks
- Anxiety depression panic attacks
- Diagnosis of severe phobia
- What is the treatment for anxiety and panic attacks
- Overcoming anxiety and panic attacks
- Crooked glasses bad eyes