Took i-pill after unprotected intercourse. Delayed periods. Is pregnancy safe now? - Online Doctor Chats
Hello Doctor, Good evening
How can I help you?
Last month, we had unsafe sex,
and my wife used, ipill next day.
but, looks like,
her periods have not started yet,
supposed to start by 4-6thApril
usually, my wife has regular cycles
Have you done a pregnancy test?
it is only few days,
question is - Is it safe to continue this pregnancy?
I would suggest you to go for a pregnancy test first.
If it is negative, then there is nothing to worry.
Yeah true...If it is positive, is that ok to continue?
No. In that case, I would suggest you to visit a gynecologist to see if medical termination can be done.
Can I continue my pregnancy in case of emergency contraception failure? If you wish to do so, you can continue with your pregnancy. The medicine used in i-pill will not cause any harm to you or your baby. In case you do not wish to continue your pregnancy, please consult your doctor.
I copied the text from that link.
Ok. I checked it. You are right.
Yes, exactly, I need this information.
If there is a risk for baby, then I will think about discontinuing otherwise, would like to continue
Fine. Let me explain.
The hormonal content in the i-pill as such does not cause any direct problem to the newly forming baby. But, it may cause hormonal imbalances in the mother which may indirectly be harmful to the growing baby.
What I would suggest you to do is, do a pregnancy test. If negative, wait for 2-3 days, and then repeat the test.
If still negative, then she has to go for a gynecologist consultation.
ok ...ok.. Doctor..
In case, at any point the test becomes positive, immediately, take an opinion from a gynecologist regarding whether to continue or not.
ok doctor .. will do that..
I hope I had been helpful.
thanks for your help.
Is there anything else I could help you on?
No, thank you...doctor..
Thanks for consulting me
Relax, and have a Nice Evening!!
one point to mention... very less information on the net, on whether to continue or not If contraception fails.
Yes. You are right. Though the product description says it is safe, the less information would make me cautious.
Fine.. doctor.. correct... thank you..so much..
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Do i need antibiotics for temperature 101f
- Abnormal periods unprotected intercourse pregnancy chances
- Irregular periods had unprotected intercourse nausea and delayed periods pregnancy
- Diarrhoea when 27 weeks pregnant
- Popping sound whne urinating 39 weeks pregnant
- What could be done for severe lower back pain
- Reason for delayed periods after unprotected intercourse
- Unprotected intercourse during period
- Setride tablets are used for vomitting
- Had unprotected intercourse missing periods chances of pregnancy
- What is the remedy for inflamed testicle
- Is thalmus stroke related to having tremors in leg
- Does taking snuff cause snoring
- Single turn of umbilical cord around the neck of the baby in pregnancy
- Sugar level 155 during 9th month of pregnancy