Tonsilectomy and nasal congestion - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
How can i help you?
User : My daughter 3 yrs had large tonsils,the doctor after trying lot of treatments he advise to remove them but she is suffering thick yellow mucus about 2 months(i pull out the mucus from her nose by using a tissue,the mucus is about 15 cm long!! ), the doctor try antibiotic "augmentin 600 mg" for 2 week ,the mucus stop for one week and turn back ,he advise injection '"Triaxone 1g'' we start 5 days ago with injection ,we get improvement after 4 days the mucus stop about 90% but today the mucus back i pull out again a large mocus from her nose (beside all these treatments we are using Zyrtec,Nasonex and Renathiol ) the doctor said he is not able to do the removal surgery untill stoping the yellow mucus .
I need your advise please.
User : all this history is without any fever
i shall take a min to read
User : ok sir
User : today the mucus colour is white
Doctor : as the doctor has decided to do tonsillectomy, it will be done as he said the operation cannot be done when there is infection
first the infection needs to be cleared from the nose and then only proceed for the surgery
User : what is your adive doctor?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Thyroid goitre nasal congestion
- Posture and throat tightness
- Radioactive pill for thyroid scan
- Nasal congestion and warfarin
- Nasal congestion extended stomach
- Phentermine blue clear 30 mg
- Smoking pot with strep throat
- Sporlac powder tongue problems
- Nasal congestion during teething
- Natural diuretics for water retention
- Nasal congestion and suffocation
- Postpartum thryroiditis and vertigo
- Ketoconazole 200 mg side effects
- White spots on sweet potato
- Low dose aspirin and alcohol