Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Temper tantrums in 4 yr old daughter - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2549 Questions

User :   i have a 4yr.old daughter that throws HORRIBLE tantrums, Is there anything i can do?

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :  
User :   hi
Doctor :  
since when is she having this problem?
User :   she had them since about three
Doctor :  
what other symptoms does she have?
User :   thats all that i have noticed.. they are really bad
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
does she do it for only few things or for almost everything?
User :   she breaks stuff and beats her head on things and screams
Doctor :  
how is her behavior outside home and in school/play home?
User :   everything and its everyday..if i tell her No she starts throwing tantrums
User :   she doesnt do it as long as me or her daddy isnt around
Doctor :  
she needs to be counselled. Have you discussed these symptoms with her pediatrician?
Doctor :   she wil need counselling from child psychologist and behavioral therapy. the fact that she is fine when you both are not around tells that
Doctor :  
she misses you both
Doctor :  
and the tantrums are like 'attension seeking' behaviour
Doctor :  
so with counseling and behavioral therapy she will be fine
Doctor :   have you followed what i have said?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor