Temper tantrums in 4 yr old daughter - Online Doctor Chats
User : i have a 4yr.old daughter that throws HORRIBLE tantrums, Is there anything i can do?
Doctor : hi
User : hi
since when is she having this problem?
User : she had them since about three
what other symptoms does she have?
User : thats all that i have noticed.. they are really bad
does she do it for only few things or for almost everything?
User : she breaks stuff and beats her head on things and screams
how is her behavior outside home and in school/play home?
User : everything and its everyday..if i tell her No she starts throwing tantrums
User : she doesnt do it as long as me or her daddy isnt around
she needs to be counselled. Have you discussed these symptoms with her pediatrician?
Doctor : she wil need counselling from child psychologist and behavioral therapy. the fact that she is fine when you both are not around tells that
she misses you both
and the tantrums are like 'attension seeking' behaviour
so with counseling and behavioral therapy she will be fine
Doctor : have you followed what i have said?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Nose bleeds and temper tantrums
- Rash on my bottom cheeks
- Marfan sydrome and temper tantrums
- Tooth pulled after cataract surgery
- Tethered cord temper tantrums
- Muscular dystrophy and temper tantrums
- My 4 yr old grand daughter complains of chest pains
- Is it ok to keep giving my baby paracetamol
- Caught flu after septoplasty
- Dry cough causes after surgery
- Red bumps with grey tips on childs legs
- Milk allergy hyperthyroidism
- Catching a cold after chemo
- Vomitting and dizziness after cataract operation
- Recofast syrup for fever