Tearing of nails in layers, brittle hair. Suggestions? - Online Doctor Chats
I am Dr. xxxxxxxx
my nails are getting torn as layers.....
I dunno what deficiency I have
What is your age, gender and occupation?
am 23 female and s/w engg by profession
Since how long is thsi problem?
Do you have any problems with skin and / hair
v long time....
nope..I XXXXXXX have any allergies and everything is fine..
What is your weight?
Do you have brittle hair as well?
How is your regular periods?
yup its cool except for the last month
Do you have low hemoglobin?
Do you have dandruff?
Did you ever test for hemoglobin?
Are you with me?
sorry for the delay
nope i XXXXXXX have dandruff
Ok imbalanced diet can cause this problem
but I have this for a very long time
I dont care much early days
Yes the reasons that I mentioned are for long term
I can say I have this from my schooling
Ok are they disfiguring
the nails break often and it parts of two as layers
Are they torn beyond the nail bed
Have you used any medication?
Did you see a doctor?
not for this anytime
can it be calcium deficiency?
what did you use earlier?
i XXXXXXX use any tablets for this
Calcium deficiency is unlikey at this age
anything that wil cure this?
Did you try to put the nails in warm water and apply coconut oil / olive oil once a day
I mean moisturizing them well helps if it is just dry nails
i do apply oil at times bt nt freq
Apply everyday and wear cotton gloves every night at sleep
First clean the nails with tepid water
and then apply cream / oil
Let us first test if this helps
for healthy nail
We are ruling out the reasons one by one
If this does not help in 2 weeks then you need to get evaluation from Dermatologist
I will try out this first
Let me know after 2 weeks
:) thanks a lot for helping me
Do not use nail polish for sometime
Cut them short
i actually have v little nail bcoz of this problem
and make sure the nail bed is moisturized well
Let us wait
XXXXXXX u sooon
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Diamox and brittle nails
- Brittle nails birth control
- What could be the cause of twitching sensation behind ear
- Benefits of dermadew soap for babies
- How many days prior should i start taking primolut n
- Should i stop prozac completely or taper it down
- Std that effect hair and nails
- Intake of chocolates can darken the baby's complexion
- Is lacto calamine safe for baby
- Symptoms of Brittle nail syndrome
- Chicken pox in babies white marks left
- Centers increase complexion of baby
- Does emergency contraceptive pills cause bleeding
- What to do if have extremely high bp levels
- Diagnosis of Brittle nail syndrome