Symtoms of smoking which leads to hypertension - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
User : Hello doctor I have hypertension
User : Could you please tell me, should i have to quit smoking.. As my bp is 150
please provide your age, gender, location and occupation
since when you are smoking?
and how many cigarretes do you smoke per day?
are you on any medications for hypertension?
User : I'm 24 years old.. Male, Residing in chennai, Tamil nadu
User : I smoke 6 cigarretes a day
User : While consulting a local doctor.. He gave me a sleeping tablet'
cigarrete smoking is known to increase the risk of developing heart diseases and high blood pressure in all
so your risk of making the blood pressure not get controlled is high
Cigarette smoking elevates the blood pressure level by 5 to 10 mm Hg during the day.
User : IS 150mm is really high.. Please advise
Doctor : in patients with hypertension, smoking increases the systolic blood pressure count by at least 20 mm Hg
Doctor : yes it is very high for your age
it should be 120/80
it may cause a heart attack in no time.
Doctor : and also it it is known to complicate renal function through elevating high blood pressure.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Smoking and pulmonary hypertension
- Side effects of rizora 5
- Side effects of regesterone hormone
- Siddha treatment for varicocele
- Aad gp answer to paid
- Signs with bedridden patients
- How hypertension lead hepatomegaly
- Cigarette smoking with intracranial hypertension
- Had spinal surgery on marcaine have blood pressure suggest
- Take medicine for hypertension feeling lightheaded and nauseous suggestion
- Signs and symptoms of deworming for children
- Intracranial hypertension and smoking
- Have blood pressure 152105 what does this show precautions
- What food can be consumed to lower the cholesterol levels
- Hypertension how to quit smoking