Swollen , reddish lips due to insect bite. Help - Online Doctor Chats
Dr XXXXXXX here
How can I help you?
i had an insect bite (i think) last week on my lips
first, it was swollen and now its totally reddish and looks like an wound
i have not taken medication assuming it will subside slowly
but since its already a week now and still the wound is there i would like to know if any medications are required
its right on my lower lips and very visible now
Let me brief you.
If the symptoms has not worsened in the last one week, it would definitely improve gradually.
Therefore medications you need will depend on the current clinical picture.
If the swelling does not improve, a small dose of steroid cream may be needed.
no there is no swelling as of now... its only a reddish wound in the lips
It may help me assess the problem much better if you can send me a good quality picture of the affected area.
You can take a picture with your camera/mobile phone under broad light - 2/3 shots taken from different angles can be sent to attachments@healthcaremagic.
do you think one week time for this issue is less/more for healing by itself
Mention ATTN: Dr. XXXXXXX in the subject line.
Some insect bite reactions can persist for more than 2-3 weeks.
i will try taking picture, cos actually i don't own either a camera mob/camera itself
I shall try and explain the steps you need to take one by one:
1. Symptoms following insect bite can take some weeks to improve. The recovery process depend on few factors such as body capabilities and the type of insect that bit you.
2. If the rash and swelling has not progressed in size and severity since the initial stages,
you need not be worried.
Gradually with time they tend to improve.
4. If there is no progress in the symptoms, you can try neosporin ointment on the affected area to prevent bacterial contamination.
In simple terms apply neosporin on the area and monitor the progress of symptoms.
Have you followed?
Are you there?
Have you followed what I suggested?
Do you have any other query?
ok... do cockroaches/spider bite?
Spider bites have been reported.
No reports of cockroach bites have been reported.
these are the two available insects at my home
It is possible that this could be related to spider bite. But do not worry.
Spider's in India are not that toxic when compared to western world species.
ok.. so i will apply neosprin
Yes, apply neosporin (antibiotic cream) on the rash and keep a watch on the rash.
I expect the rash to fade away in the next 1-2 week time.
Hope I answered your query.
Do you have any doubts?
i have eesnophilia (spelling??). is it possible my daughter too will be having.
Eosinophillia is a representation of an existing medical condition.
My expertise are limited in the field of homeopathy.
she is just two and very less immunity
You are free to try homeopathy and other alternative medical treatment in such cases.
Immune system grows with age.
can you please suggest a homeo doctor for a chat
are they available
cos' almost every month i give her antibiotic for one or the other reasons
Children under 5 years of age are known to have low resistance.
whichi know/believe is not good
I understand your concern, but irrespective of any treatments you do or not, she her body immunity will develop and mature as she grows.
Her immune system will have maximum effects when she becomes 5 year old.
Homeopath are not available on live chat. They will respond to you on Ask a Doctor.
Have you followed?
Do you have any questions?
have a nice day
Thanks for consulting me.
Wish you the same.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Drugs/medication for induced tachycardia
- 1000 gallon plastic container
- Gasoline fumes exposure
- Physical hazards in the workplace
- Drugs/medication for bumpy rash
- Do male wasps sting
- Drugs/medication for gastric spasms
- Insect bite red swollen hot
- Swollen eyelid swollen cheeksswollen lips
- Drugs/medication for idiopathic atrial fibrillation
- Insect bite swollen and hot
- Swollen lips swollen meatus
- Mercury halide light fixtures
- Drugs/medication for koch's disease
- Top lip swollen and swollen nose