Swine influenza infection period - Online Doctor Chats
User : hello
User : I have a question about the swine flu
Doctor : hi
please proceed with your query
User : well we have a friend of the family who had the swine flu about a week or 2 ago and I have a 5 month old daughter and I was wondering how long do i wait to let that person be around her?
was the H1N1 test positive for that person?
is the person still having the symptoms of flu?
User : well his mother and his sister had it and he said he was having problems with his chest with it and he went to the hospital and they put him on medicine until monday
User : this monday
User : and im just very paranoid when it comes to my child getting sick
People infected H1N1 flu shed virus and may be able to infect others from 1 day before getting sick to 5 to 7 days after. This can be longer in some people, especially children and people with weakened immune systems and in people infected with the new H1N1 virus.
Doctor : so to leave a gap of about 4 weeks after the person has got the flu confirmed will be ideal
since now his mother and sister too are infected
so the virus spread will also occur through them
have you followed what i have said?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Does an infected tooth effect energy levels
- Enduranz side effects hypertension
- Swine influenza causes
- Nifedipine effect running endurance
- Popped rib head symptoms
- Can enlarged prostate effect leg pain
- Endora mass side effects
- Diagnosis of swine influenza
- Symptoms of swine influenza viruses
- Head reeling related to piles
- Pounding in head upon standing
- Swine influenza viruses causes
- Treatment and cure for swine influenza
- Pin head size white things in stool
- Tender spot on penis head