Swelling under the rib cage and flank pain,traces of blood in urine - Online Doctor Chats
User : For the past 8 months, I have had persistent flank pain swelling on my left side. To me, it feels like a sharp rock is almost stuck just under my rib cage, but to the touch [externally] it feels like a firm sponge? That's the best way I can describe it... All x-rays came back negative for kidney stones, and blood tests were all normal. A catheter sample came back positive for trace amounts of blood, but kidney function was otherwise normal. Ultrasound came back normal; kidneys appeared to be healthy. The CT scan came back otherwise normal, except for some leakage from the lymph nodes. I am not at all familiar with the lymphatic system and it's problems. I have been to see 3 general physicians, a urologist, and a general surgeon, and they all have no idea what could be the problem, and simply keep sending me back for more urine and blood tests. Which all continue to be normal, other than trace amounts of blood in the urine. Any ideas as to what may be causing my suffering would be greatly appreciated.
Doctor : hi
give me some time to read ,so that i can reply to ur query
whats ur age/sex?
User : 18/female
Doctor : from how many days u are having this problem?
User : 8 months
what is the size of the swelling?
User : It's not noticeable to the naked eye; just to touch... only slightly larger than the right side? Just much firmer.
Doctor : what did the doctor tell about the swelling?
User : None of them are sure as to why it's swelling.
Doctor : as ur xray/ct /ultrasound
and other kidney function tests are normal
it might not be a major problem
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- New born baby passing loose motion
- I had a kidney infection is it harmful for me to smoke marijuana
- Lump in jaw of new born baby
- Hypoplastic kidney disease
- White particles in urine and flank pain
- Reason for chronic flank pain blood in urine nausea
- Orange pee in a new born baby
- Facial swelling flank pain
- I was detected with hydronephrosis and have serum creatinine
- How much potassium would kill me in 1 day
- Flank pain after passing urine
- Persistant flank pain and swelling
- I have a 25mm cyst on my kidney
- Strange heart sound new born baby
- Babies born with a red mark