Swelling in eyes. Using neomycin. Further tests needed? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
hi doctor..my wife had consulted here regarding a swelling in her eyes
Yes, I remember her.
How is she feeling now?
her swelling has not gone completely
she is already using neomycin
though it has reduced.
I had informed her about this and let me also tell you,
This is a condition which occurs due to blocked glands under the eyelids.
does this need a further investigation?
It doesn't help in treating the blocked gland.
If the lump has not progressed in size or if she doesn't have any other eye symptoms, it is a good sign.
so the blocked gland...how that can be treated
Body has its own mechanism to clear the block. Most often it gets cleared in a few days. Since the lump is reducing it is a good sign that this block is slowly reducing.
Once in few occasions, when this clearance mechanism fails, it can lead to XXXXXXX infection.
ok...so how many days shall we monitor that
Increase in size of lump, redness and pain are signs of XXXXXXX infection. If she develops such symptoms she needs to see a doctor immediately.
You can monitor the lump for another couple of days.
ok...any other precautions or home remedies
If there is no improvement, I suggest you to take her to an eye doctor. The doctor can examine the lump and decide if she can wait more or if she needs incision and drainage.
At home, apart from the eye ointment, other measures I suggest are:
as of now it has reduced
1. Apply heat using water bags or with any other agent.
2. Keep the eyes clean. You can wash her eyes with warm salt water as she gets from sleep. And may be for twice/thrice a day.
3. Do not try to squeeze or manipulate the lump.
Do you have any other query?
no thats it..thanks doctor
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Neomycin and polymyxin b eye
- Does autoimmune disorder affect more than one gland
- Neomycin ointment for pink eye
- Tightness in head and blurred vision
- Shaking blurred vision light headed
- Blurred vision puls headache
- Neomycin and polymyxin eye ointment
- Low wbc rbc headaches blurred vision
- I got some heart palpitation am i hypoglycemic
- Does dance stretches hamper height growth
- What are the side effects of taking nifuroxazide
- Neomycin and polymyxin eye drops
- Light headed and blurred vision sore neck
- Getting confused results of hepatitis b
- Dexamethasone neomycin eye drops