Swelling and pain in lymph nodes of the neck - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
User : hey
How can i help you?
User : quick question
User : the lymphnodes in the back of my neck started swelling up like half an hour ago
User : and it's painful enough fo rme to not ignore it
Doctor : ok
User : and my neck feels a little stiff as well
User : I didn't feel like this an hour ago, should I be concerned?
is there any pain in your throat
User : not significant
User : no
User : more of on the sides of my trachea
is there any fever?
User : I've been really cold, so I think so
runny nose is there?
User : nope
User : sinuses are completely clear
User : I haven't been coughing either
Doctor : ok
User : since an hour ago
Doctor : acute lymphnode enlargment is usually an infection
and the source of the infection will be in the drainage area of the lymph node
User : what do you recommend I do?
Doctor : you need an chest examination for to find out the source of the infection
for time being
the pain relief can be obtained
by taking tylenol
It seems you have moved out of the chat window. Please log in back if you have medical queries.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- White stuff in pupil stings
- Cervical lymph nodes neck pain
- Shocking pain at the neck lymph nodes
- Pins and needles left side of the body and taste of metal
- Reactive lymph nodes in neck painful
- Petogen use in bodybuilding
- Shelcal tablets bodybuilding
- Raised purple spots on sides of vagina
- Dizzy swollen painful lymph nodes neck migraine
- Neck shoulder and back pain swollen lymph nodes
- Purple rash on thigh
- Red rash on pupis
- Causes of low body temperatures in the newborn
- White speck on pupil
- Is it normal for my 9 year old boy to have cellulite