Swelling and blue coloration of skin with pain after taking tetanus injection - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can i help you
please proceed with your health query
User : i took a tetanus injection yesterday but the after taking it, the point of injection is blue, swollen and hurts a lot
have you tried to apply cold compresses on the part?
how big is the swolen area? could you describe it to me?
User : touching it hurts a lot
i suggest you to go and show it to your doctor, and get it treated,
User : its a small lump of dark blue colour
if left alone, it might turn into what is caled as 'injection abcess'
with pus formation inside slowly
User : oh.. its that serious?
so before it gets worse, get it treated, you will need to start an antibiotic also and if possible pus formation is already started
then it will need to be drained early
to prevent complications
User : ok thanks doctor
have you followed what i have said?
User : yes
is there anything else i can help you?
Doctor : Thanks for consulting Healthcaremagic. Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Penicillin-allergic antibiotic options
- Natural antibiotic ointment
- Antibiotics and omeprazole
- Is swelling and redness after tetanus injections normal
- Time for taking tetanus injection after accident
- Lysol taste on tongue
- Acne and fungus
- Tetanus injection after injury
- Lysol on the tongue
- Polypod and macpod tablates
- Thalassemia made me ugly
- Lysol on skin reaction
- Endocarditis antibiotic prophylaxis
- Itchiness after injection of tetanus
- Can i take alcohol after tetanus injection