Swallowing of nail - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
How can I help you?
User : Ok, to cut a long story short, my friend swallowed a nail. It punctured his intestine. It went in about 1/8th into the intestine, and has the width of a small nail. He is at the hospital, but I am wondering.....how long will he need to be IN the hospital?
What is his current clinical status
It depends on the current response
and the other parametres
User : i am not family member, so they cannot tell me. he is in surgery right now.
User : he's 14.
It takes anything between 7 to 14 days
User : even though it's just 1/8th?
User : of an inch?
User : please hurry! i only have five minutes!
User : I don't mean to sound rude, I'm just worried.
Look the depth of injiuryu is not the criteria
what is the state of his food pipe
and any infection intruded
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Treatment for uti and yeast infection
- Drugs/medication for corn
- Baby swallowed fake nail
- Drugs/medication for hav cancer
- Drugs/medication for cough/fever
- Dangerous to swallow nails
- Baby swallowed acrylic nail
- I swallowed my acrylic nail
- Drugs/medication for specialised cancer
- Moody 13 year old boy
- My daughter is 35 weeks pregnant and has a protein level in
- Migraine shortness of breath nausea chest pain
- Drugs/medication for diverticulitis infection
- Mirena nerve pinch
- Baby swallowed false nail