Surgery to treat splenic lacerations with spleen enlargement and hemorrage - Online Doctor Chats
User : If a person is diagnosed with a grade 3 ruptered spleen with MULTIPLE lacerations and throughtout the spleen most compatible splenic lacerations with suggestion of hemorrahge, spleen appears enlarged as well, with free fluid noted throughout the abdomen with higher density than expected suggesting hemmorhage,
Should a doctor do an emergency splenectomy or wait to see if the patient will be fine?
Or should exploratory surgery done just as a precaution?
Doctor : hi
User : hi
please give me time to read through your history
User : ok
this will require urgent attention
User : If they just put the patient into ICU for observation?
with splenectomy and a somach wash on table during the operation
if the splenic lacerations are confirmed, then it is not advised to wait
User : Grade 3 with hemorahge is not advised to wait?
as blood loss wil continue and slowly patient might collapse
User : why is that?
in case if the blood loss is too much
they will want to stabilize the patient before taking up for operation
User : no slow blood loss leading to the patient just being observed in the ICU
User : then released home... on a grade 3
User : is that advisable?
exploratory surgery should be done.
what was the cause for spleen enlargement?
and the splenic lacerations?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Lacerated spleen hurts again
- Ear ache headache movicol
- I have a congested face my chest is tight and my back hurts when i cough
- Dull ache vaginal entrance
- I got tenderness in inner thigh muscle
- Echo in ear ache
- Itchy rash and ear ache
- I get tired easilyhave headaches and i bruise really easily
- Head ache during prognency
- I have a catch on the left side of my hip
- I have a cold and my lungs feel heavy
- Lacerated spleen
- Lacerated spleen recovery time
- Symptoms for lacerated spleen
- Lacerated spleen recovery