Surgery to treat splenic lacerations with spleen enlargement and hemorrage - Online Doctor Chats
User : If a person is diagnosed with a grade 3 ruptered spleen with MULTIPLE lacerations and throughtout the spleen most compatible splenic lacerations with suggestion of hemorrahge, spleen appears enlarged as well, with free fluid noted throughout the abdomen with higher density than expected suggesting hemmorhage,
Should a doctor do an emergency splenectomy or wait to see if the patient will be fine?
Or should exploratory surgery done just as a precaution?
Doctor : hi
User : hi
please give me time to read through your history
User : ok
this will require urgent attention
User : If they just put the patient into ICU for observation?
with splenectomy and a somach wash on table during the operation
if the splenic lacerations are confirmed, then it is not advised to wait
User : Grade 3 with hemorahge is not advised to wait?
as blood loss wil continue and slowly patient might collapse
User : why is that?
in case if the blood loss is too much
they will want to stabilize the patient before taking up for operation
User : no slow blood loss leading to the patient just being observed in the ICU
User : then released home... on a grade 3
User : is that advisable?
exploratory surgery should be done.
what was the cause for spleen enlargement?
and the splenic lacerations?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- I have a dry dark brown spot on my knuckle and i dont know where it came from
- Lacerated spleen hurts again
- I have a concern regarding producing too much saliva what does this mean
- Drinking alcohol and smelly gas
- I have a hard lump bruise on my veins in my legs
- Drinking before blood test throws off liver function tests
- Dosage instructions for fefol z
- I have a high fever and feel dizzy
- I have a scaly itchy circle on my stomach what is it
- Does urine kill all sperm cells
- Lacerated spleen
- Lacerated spleen recovery time
- Drink water morning after pill
- Symptoms for lacerated spleen
- Lacerated spleen recovery