Surgery for intra uterine fibroids - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
Doctor : how can i help u?
User : yes...
Doctor : proceed wd the details
User : my wife has Intra Uterine Fibroids
Doctor : k
Doctor : her age/duration of the disease
User : is it mandatory that she need to get operated and remove the uterus ?
Doctor : whats it size
Doctor : shape
Doctor : any complaints like bleeding
Doctor : pain
User : her age is @ 39 and she as such has no problems except some profuse and heavy bleeding only on 2nd day of the menstruation cycle
User : no pain as such is reported as of yet
Doctor : k
Doctor : Uterine fibroids are slow growing tumours made out of muscle and fibrous tissue attached to the wall of the uterus. They appear and grow in women during their childbearing years.
User : i actually don't remember the size perfectly
Doctor : The tumour may vary in size from a pinhead to the tip of a grapefruit.
Doctor : Most fibroids are non-cancerous
User : ok
Doctor : The exact cause of uterine fibroids is not known.
Doctor : These tumours usually shrink as a woman approaches menopause.
Doctor : A majority of fibroids require no treatment.
User : if she doesn't have any other problems except what i have reported, what is your best piece of advise
Doctor : However treatment becomes necessary if there is excessive bleeding during menstruation, the tumour keeps growing or if there are other symptoms.
Doctor : In women older than 35years or with completed family are treated by a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) rather than myomectomy (removal of the fibroids), to minimize the chances of recurrence.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Is loperamide hydrochloride safe after expiration date
- Uterine fibroid surgery recovery
- Drugs/medication for uterine myomas
- Is laparoscopic surgery a better option for uterine fibroid
- Drugs/medication for bartholin cysts
- Drugs/medication for vaginal candidiasis
- Darker vagina after weightloss
- How can uterine fibroids be treated without surgery
- Drugs/medication for vaginal itching
- Drugs/medication for complex nabothian cyst
- Uterine fibroids and uterine cancer
- Uterine fibroid removal surgery
- Do kalms still work after expiry date
- Dark stomach after pregnancy
- Utovlan after expiry date