Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Suggestion of iron rich food for a person recovering from typhoid - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Diet Plans
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2549 Questions
User :   hi doc
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you?
Doctor :   are you there
User :   i want to know ..that my husband's Hb is 12.7 do i need to start iron teblets for him ?
Doctor :   is he having any weak ness or fatigue?
User :   not really ...
Doctor :   ok
User :   he had typhoid in may
Doctor :   i suggest that he takes iron rich food like dates
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   also jaggery with groundnuts
User :   and iron tablets ?
Doctor :   also helps
User :   can he take iron tablets for one month and repeat his Hb ?
Doctor :   i suggest taht he gets his hb done again after a month
Doctor :   if the value still decreases then he can start
Doctor :   iron supplements
Doctor :   if he has any weakness
User :   is there any harm of taking iron tablets ..?
Doctor :   then he can take haem-up syrup
User :   is 12.7 value low ?
Doctor :   for a man
Doctor :   its low
User :   ok....
User :   os is it good to start iron tablets ?
Doctor :   take the syrup i have given
User :   ok ..for how much time ..?
Doctor :   atleast 2 months
Doctor :   are you there?
Doctor :   I have to close this window since there is no response from your side, please get back to us if you need further medical advice. We are available from 9AM to 9PM IST everyday.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor