Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Suggestion for making tattoo on mole - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3609 Questions
Doctor :   Hi.
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   hi im just wondering if you can tattoo over a mole?
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details of the patient-Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height: Dependents: Yes/ No.
Doctor :   You are not supposed to tattoo over a birth mark.
Doctor :   Are you there?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Ok
User :   but what are the risks if you tattoo over a raised mole?
User :   ???
Doctor :   Any birth deformity or mark or mole
Doctor :   should not be tampered with
Doctor :   as the skin is weak there
Doctor :   and cannot hold the pigments
User :   what does hold the pigments mean?
Doctor :   The pigments would irritate the area further more
Doctor :   and could lead to cancers
User :   whats the chance of that?
Doctor :   there is a very high chance
User :   ok thanks
Doctor :   I have to close this chat window as you have moved out of the chat. Please log in again if you need further medical advice.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Are you back?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor