Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for skin blister on penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 19-Apr-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
Doctor:how can I help you?
User:I was talking to you about the skin blister / cuts on my penis
Doctor:I have seen the picture
Doctor:it looks like an insect bite
Doctor:give it a few days
Doctor:everything will be alright
User:I have been on a VLCD for 4 weeks could that have any relation to this?
Doctor:Can you expand VLCD
User:Very low calorie diet - I only 650 calories per day. Not sure if it could have side effects?
Doctor:This has nothing to do with your low calorie diet
User:We have very clean bedding so I don't think it could be insect bite
Doctor:As I said, it looks like an insect bite
Doctor:But it is still possible
Doctor:its not too hard for an ant to get into the bedding
User:Are there any other diagnosis you could think of even though I have not been sexual active for nearly a year?
User:We don't have any ants in winter in England
Doctor:The picture you have uploaded is not in focus
Doctor:and we can get only a limited information from a picture
Doctor:At this time that particular sore/lesion does not look like anything serious
Doctor:however I would advise you go to your GP to confirm the diagnosis
User:I have sent a couple of clearer pics. Have u got them
Doctor:give me a minute to go through them
User:Ok thanks
Doctor:I would still say some insect bite/allergen
Doctor:There are some insects that secrete fluids that can cause burns
Doctor:and blisters
User:It wouldn't be an STD for sure?
Doctor:You noticed this when you woke up in the morning right?
User:Yes it appeared overnight
Doctor:No, I am positive that it is not an STD
Doctor:if it appeared overnight, then it is highly likely that some insect got in and secreted some fluid
Doctor:or bit you
Doctor:doesn't look like an ant bite
User:Ok should I leave for a few days? Didn't know we had insects like that in England. What can I do to avoid further bites
Doctor:Just wait and see how it goes
Doctor:You can consult a dermatologist if you find any more blisters developing
Doctor:otherwise you can be sure that it was just an insect bite
User:As long as not STD
Doctor:as I said, I am positive that it is not an STD
Doctor:doesn't look one
Doctor:is there anything else you would like to ask me?
Doctor:Your chat time is over
Doctor:I hope I was able to help you with your problem
Doctor:thanks for consulting me here
Doctor:have a good evening ahead
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor