Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for loose motion - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 20-Feb-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User:Hello Doctor. My Son 10 years old ia having loose motion since last 2hrs
User:he had spinach followed by milk at home...i think that created problem
User:can you suggest some OTC medicine for him?
Doctor:How many times did he have motions
User:spinach, panner and milk he had
User:2-3 times...watery
Doctor:Firstly he needs to rehydrate with gatorade or ORS-L
Doctor:After every motion he needs to drink some of this
Doctor:You can find gatorade at any grocery store
Doctor:You can get ORS-L at a pharmacy
User:we have that at home
Doctor:Which one?
User:i dont know the name..
Doctor:The powdered form?
User:orange flavour
Doctor:Since the ones that I have mentioned are already prepared in water
Doctor:In case you have powdered ORS
User:any medicine?
Doctor:You need to prepare it in 1 liter of pure drinking water
Doctor:Medicine is not adviced in watery diarhea
Doctor:It is food poisoning
Doctor:Antibiotics wont work either
User:we will give him ORS-L
Doctor:He should avoid juices and milk till he gets better
Doctor:Curd can be given
Doctor:he should take regular fruit
Doctor:Avoid raw vegetables and meats
User:ok fine..we will give him that
Doctor:Bread can be taken
User:Thank you..
Doctor:Regular food can be taken
Doctor:avoid spicy food
Doctor:Thanks for consulting
User:hope banana can be given too
User:hope bananna can be given too..
Doctor:Yes banana can be given
Doctor:It seems that you have moved out of chat
Doctor:Please login again to chat with a doctor
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor