Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for back pain - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 24-Apr-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Back Pain
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User:I am a 25 y/o female, mother of 5. After a year of horrible back pain and 6 months of physical therapy with no significant improvement my PCM finally referred me to a pain management doctor. He gave me a few samples of a non motrin Nsaid, a sample of the flector patch and some sort of cream that just makes my injury burn worse. He also gave me tramadol 50 mg that have proved useless. I called his office and was treated very rudely by a receptionist. I have several herniated discs in my t-spine and am in horrible pain. I am at my wits end and I have no idea what to do. I have undergone several different treatments from nerve blocks to lidocane patches. Do you have any advice or know any more sensitive doctors in the Columbia MD area? I am willing to pay out of pocket. I will do ANYTHING to be out of constant pain.
Let me read your query for few minutes to be able to have a good discussion here.
Doctor:after going through your query, I feel you will benefit from surgery
Doctor:It is hard to know how a doctor will respond to you and whether he/she is sensitive enough to understand your pain and suffering
Doctor:In the short time available here I would not be able to find the appropriate doctors for you
User:Every doctor I have seen has said 25 years old is too young for surgery and have instead shoved needles into my back that make it hard to walk for days afterwards.
Doctor:So I would suggest you to kindly visit this website
Doctor:this website will give you adequate information about most practicing doctors
Doctor:Oh, I am sorry about your experience so far
Doctor:but if the pain is not controlled with medications or physical therapy, the only option left would be to go for surgery
Doctor:You are in fact too young to consider surgery as the first option, but that is not the case with you as far as I can see
User:Other medications have helped in the past. My original doctor moved locations and I was sent to the new one through my insurance company. Though I have explained the medications that work I have been treated as some sort of addict and thrown aside. At the same time "pill mill" patients get giant scripts of much higher class pain killers and sell them for profit. I am afraid I have basically lost all hope in medical practices. Willing to make a quick $ but unwilling to help those in horrible life crippling pain.
Doctor:These are some of the doctors I could find that may help you out
11055 Little Patuxent Pkwy Suite 20
Columbia, MD 21044, 410) 768-4644 (Office)
Doctor:2850 North Ridge Rd
Ellicott City, MD 21043
(410) 461-1600 (Office)
Doctor:I can understand how difficult it must be to live with constant pain
Doctor:I am really sorry
Doctor:I wish I could do something for you
Doctor:unfortunately, I live in India
Doctor:another doctor
Baltimore Washingtin Spine & Neuroscience Center
301 Hospital Dr Suite 803 XXXXXXX Burnie, MD 21061
(410) 553-8160 (Office)
(410) 553-8159 (Fax)
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor