Suggest mandatory vaccination for a 2 months old baby - Online Doctor Chats
Dr. XXXXXXX here
How can I help you?
I have a new born baby girl about 53 days old
I have vaccine chart from local doctor
I was wondering if all of them are necessary
However most of the vaccines listed are important and can be life saving at times.
what is PCV1
'1' stands for first dose of vaccine.
It stands for DPT which prevents against diptheria, pertussis and tetanus.
This vaccines is available as painful and painless vaccine.
DTaP is the painless form.
and lastly IPV1
Earlier IAP recommended only oral vaccine for protecting polio
should I opt for polio drops rather than injection
however the recent changes has suggested better effective protection if child is vaccinated with injectable along with oral polio vaccine.
I mean recent studies suggested better effectiveness.
Therefore please go with them.
the reason is that last time doc gave 2 injections on each thigh and costed 3600 and next month he is saying it will be 7000, I think the cost is a lot.
also too much injections for the infant
As a physician who don't immunize infants, I am unsure if there is going to a cheaper variety of vaccinations. You could opt for immunization at a government centres such as government medical colleges
you may get the same vaccines at cheaper variety.
ok, thanks for the chat
As per the guideliness, at 3 months I suggest the child be vaccinated with DTP (any form), Hib, pneumococcal and IPV.
Rotavirus vaccination is also recommended; but few centres don't mention them in the schedule.
Do you have any other questions?
Are you there?
I have to close the chat as you are not responding.
You can chat with us 24/7 if you have any medical query.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Dangerous take tdap twice
- Tailbone pain poop
- Measels vaccination 9 month old baby
- 2 month old vaccination svt
- Flu vaccine drug cortisone
- Pneumococcal vaccine in 211 month old baby
- Tasteless tongue during pregnancy
- Injection diprofos prematurity pregnancy
- Twinrix vaccine for baby 9 months old
- Taking 5htp supplement along with risperidone
- Baby vaccination lump arm after 2 months
- Tetanus polio diphtheria vaccination sore underarm
- Temp below normal dizziness
- Diprofos dosage in pregnancy
- Taking prolactin