Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Suggest a good pain management treatment - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 25-Mar-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Pain Management
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2549 Questions
User:I went from a pain doc, who would give me appropriate pain meds, Norco, and XXXXXXX He got sued, and health dept made him stop practicing. So, went to my doc, who sent me to a new pain place. Now, I am on Neurontin, Elavil, tizadine, along with new synthroid, Everyday, I am living in constant pain, now I am sick to my stomach, and every time I look at myself in the mirror, I have horrible thoughts about myself, and I want to kill myself. I know its the medicine talking, but, I don't know what to do about everything, including, my new inadequate pain medicine program. I can't take it anymore, its only been a couple weeks, but, I feel depressed, fat, and I am in horrible pain. What should I do?
Doctor:Hi, I am Dr. XXXXXXX D
Let me read your query for few minutes to be able to have a good discussion here.
Doctor:I am sorry to learn about your increasingly frustrating condition
User:me too
Doctor:My only useful suggestion would be to change the pain medicine specialist and also consult a psychologist/psychiatrist to deal with your situation
Doctor:It is quite horrible to be in such pain all the time
User:I don't know how to change my pain doc, because there are only a couple around here
Doctor:I can understand why you are feeling so low
User:upstate ny
User:I was thinking of taking kratom tea, do you know if that is helpful?
Doctor:It is quite unfortunate
User:I cant stand it
User:I am useless at work, home, cant even walk to one end of the store to the other
User:its like the pain nurses don't believe me, so, I am stuck, because my doc got in trouble, they think all his patients are liars
Doctor:You can use Kratoma tea
Doctor:but the safety is not well studied in Humans
User:have you heard if it works well at all?
Doctor:That is the reason I am suggesting you to see a psychologist or a psychiatrist
Doctor:In theory it should work well
User:Will they help with my pain, or just my mental mood
Doctor:it is a potent psychoactive substance
User:ok, was thinking of hydro alkaloid 7 or something like that
Doctor:They, once recognize your pain and suffering, should make the requisite referrals
User:I see
User:my pcp told me to find one, but, I figured it would be useless
User:all I want is pain relief, so I can live a normal life
Doctor:I am sure it will be very useful in your case
User:ok, I will find one
Doctor:I can understand your pain my dear
User:thank you
User:my family doesn't even understand it
Doctor:You are most welcome
Doctor:is there anything else I can help you with?
User:my husband doesn't believe in pain medicine
User:nope, thanks for talking
Doctor:I am sorry to hear that
Doctor:It is not possible for everyone else to feel your pain
User:I feel stuck, with no options, but, I guess I will try a psychiatrist
Doctor:it takes much knowledge to understand what a person is going through
User:I know, but, he is a fitness guy, all natural supplements, and in top shape
User:I just gained almost 40 pounds in 6 mos
User:no one understands, its horrible, think I am just being lazy
Doctor:Trust me.. see a psychiatrist I am sure you will benefit
User:ok, I will
User:thank you
Doctor:You are welcome
Doctor:take care
User:u 2 bye
Doctor:and don't let this beat you down
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor