Sugar and digestion - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
User : Hello
how can i help you?
User : My husband believes that when he eats too much sugar that his stomach might be converting it into alcohol. Is this possible?
this is not true
in stomach digestion occurs
and this gives us energy
for sugar to become alcohol, fermentation should occur
and this fermentation does not occur in the stomach
User : What could his feeling of "drunkeness" after eating sugar and then the feeling of a hangover (nausea, head ache, fatigue) be?
Doctor : has he undergone any abdominal surgery?
User : No, he has not.
this feeling of symptoms are from how many days?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Getting bedridden patients walking
- Guillain barre syndrome spasticity
- Bloated stomach ache after taking miralax
- Grovers disease treatment
- What is achlasia cardia
- Hair loss product in lebanon
- Does acid reflux affect the circumvallate papillae
- Hair loss and spinal problems
- Grandson with small bald spot on top of head
- Acid reflux after tonsillectomy
- Does beer turn into sugar after digestion
- Milk of magnesia achlorhydria
- Hard cyst bottom tongue
- Get hiv from eating with the same spoon from an hiv person
- H pylori and seizure