Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Suffering with infection of the skin around the nails. How to get it cured? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 05-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
Doctor:How are you
User:I need your advise on my wife Finger infection
User:I am fine
Doctor:Can you elaborate a little more?
User:She is suffering with infection of the skin around the nails
Doctor:any fever or pus or redness?
User:Some kind of pulp formed around the nail
Doctor:does it really hurt a lot?
User:She is having pus
User:She is saying it is paining lot
Doctor:the pus would to be drained
User:no fever nothing
User:She is not taking any pain killer
Doctor:What we need to do is
Doctor:drain the pus
Doctor:this needs to be done by a surgeon
User:Oh Okay
Doctor:Secondly, we need to give her a course of oral antibiotics
User:Do I need to visit any specialist?
User:Which specialist?
Doctor:It would be best if you see a dermatologist
Doctor:He will drain the pus
User:Any cure can we try at home?
Doctor:Thirdly, you can give her a pain killer
Doctor:It will only get worse
Doctor:There's no point trying
Doctor:The pus cannot be taken care of by antibiotics
Doctor:Thats just to prevent further infection
User:Can you suggest any pain killers and antibiotics till we get some appointment of Dematologist?
Doctor:She can start taking Crocin tablet 1 tablet 3-4 times a day
Doctor:for the pain
Doctor:Antibiotics like amoxycillin-clavulanate+metronidazole will be needed
Doctor:They are prescription drugs and cannot be given without an examination
User:Thanks much for your advise
Doctor:Is there anything else I can help with?
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor