Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Suffering with body pain and shivering. What can be done? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 11-Aug-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1506 Questions
User:Hello Sir...
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:I want to discuss illness of my mother and treatment
User:she is suffering with body pain and severing
Doctor:Severing - do you mean shivering/tremors?
Doctor:May I know since when is she having this problem?
Doctor:Is body pain generalised or located to specific areas?
User:almost a week.. she had fever bot not now
User:no she is feeling all part of body
Doctor:May I know her age?
Doctor:Is she eating well?
User:no.. she is not liking food
Doctor:Does she complain of any other symptoms especially anything while passing urine?
User:she has not mentioned... let me check
Doctor:I shall wait for your response.
User:she does not have any problem with urine
Doctor:Thanks for confirmation.
User:one thing.. she takes medicine for depression...
Doctor:Does she have any diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroid profile?
User:she has thyroid...
Doctor:Thanks for providing the details.
Doctor:Let me explain to you now.
Doctor:Following an infection, some of symptoms may persist for a while. The symptoms include body weakness, mild pain and so on.
Doctor:It might be possible that her current symptom may be due to recent infection that she had.
Doctor:Apart from this, I think we also need to consider 2 more possibilities:
User:Please tell me
Doctor:1. Recurrence of infection. Generalised body ache and feeling shivering can be early symptom of infection.
Doctor:2. Hyperthyroidism -
User:what shoud I do?
Doctor:If the symptoms are severe, I suggest you to take her back to her treating doctor for detailed examination and evaluation.
Doctor:Perhaps some blood test such as blood count and TSH level can be done to confirm the exact cause.
Doctor:In the mean time, I suggest the following measures:
Doctor:1. Take Tablet Calpol 500mg twice or thrice a day depending on the pain.
Doctor:2. Keep her warm.
Doctor:3 Encourage her to drink plenty of fluids.
Doctor:4. She can consume plenty of fruits and vegetables. These are XXXXXXX in vitamins and minerals
Doctor:They help.
User:Thanks sir...
Doctor:5. Finally advice her plenty of rest.
Doctor:Post infection symptoms improve with this type of management.
User:yeah... that she is doing
User:ok will go with your suggestion....
Doctor:You can consult the doctor for tests if symptoms do not improve with the above options.
Doctor:Hope it is clear to you.
Doctor:Do you have any other questions?
User:thanks u very much
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
User:not now
Doctor:Bye for now.
User:Bye sir
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor