Suffering from severe cough, get mucus with cough. Had bronchitis also. Suggest? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
I am suffering from severe cough . and i get mucus with cough .Last month i suffered from bronchitis also
So after i relocated to Banglore in 2011, i used to suffer from sneezing and cold every sunday . I did not take any medicine for it as it would go after a day ..but last month i took steam in the same condition and aftert ta i was not able to breath
so what is ur suggestion on the same
I am sorry, I was unable to understand your post. Do you mean you are suffering with severe cough a month ago and developed breathing difficulty (one episode) last month.
no no ..this is the history ..i am not sure if (cold/sneezing allergy) and brochitis are related or not
but now i am having throat pain with cough (with cough i get mucus)
So you are suffering with throat pain and cough. Since when are you suffering from?
Are you having fever?
And nasal congestion?
Is the cough dry or associated with mucous?
no fever ..no nasal congestion
even if there is no cold but i feel swallowing mucous at times
Do you have previous sinus problems?
Do you feel swallowing mucous when you lie down?
yes ..i can feel the same while i am doing some work also
May I know your age?
Do you have diabetes/high blood sugar?
Do you have history of allergies/bronchial asthma/wheezing?
age is 28 .no diabetes..
yes i am suffering from bronchitis/wgeezing (strated recently ..2 months back)
Let me brief you.
This inflammation can progress downward as the problem remains untreated leading to cough.
Post nasal drip is commonly seen in patients with pre-existing sinus problems or nasal allergies.
One of the above therefore could be the cause. It needs to be found and treated specifically to cure your symptoms.
Since these symptoms are seen for more than 5 days, I would recommend that you consult an ENT surgeon.
He/she can examine your nose and throat and confirm the exact cause.
In the meantime as you plan the doctor visit,
my suggestions are:
1.Use nasal drops - saline nasal drops three times a day.
2. Try steam inhalation slowly and gradually.
3. Gargle with warm water and salt.
6. Lastly take antacid syrup such as syp mucaine gel 1 tsp before meals thrice a day.
These measures are only temporay fix till you visit your doctor.
So try to consult the doctor at the earliest.
Have you followed?
ok ..Can you suggest any ENT surgon ?
May I know your location?
kormangala . bangalore
You can try the ENT department at St. John's Hospital.
Alternatively I shall ask the customer support team to call / send mail about other ENT surgeons around Kormanagala, Bangalore.
You can visit one of the surgeons.
ok ..thank you
You are welcome.
Do you have any other query?
no thank you
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Ambrodil s syrup side effects in babies
- Comparison of ascoril c and ambrolite syrup
- Is fluttering heart and coughing bronchitis
- How to cure bronchitis cough
- Suffering from bronchitis sinusitis and cough
- Inhaler for bronchitis cough
- Feeling of pressure in chest
- Can i take my ambien while taking hydromet cough syrup
- Emphysema and chest tightness
- Thalassemia minor and high altitude
- Pleural effusion chest pain
- Breathholding spells alzheimer patient
- Subcutaneous emphysema chest x-ray
- Bronchitis cough symptoms
- Thoracic surgery chest tube drainage